Tuesday 20 November 2012

Do You Have Real Friends?

http://s2.favim.com/orig/37/best-friends-flowers-freedom-friends-girls-Favim.com-305303.jpg 

We are a product of our environment and this includes the people in it. Your friends have a huge influence on the way you think, feel and act. I believe that we have total control of becoming the person we want to become. The friends we choose to be around most can do one of two things:

1 Inspire our growth to become the person we want to be

2 Stunt our growth and limit us from becoming the person we want to be

With this in mind, it is important to first be aware of the kind of people who are around us in our lives now.  Then ask yourself this question: are these people inspiring me to become the best version of myself? If they are, great. And if they are not, it may be time to find people who appreciate the best in you. 

Real friends see the best in you, support you no matter what you are doing, encourage, inspire, challenge and help you stay strong during tough times. Real friends share in your joys as well, holding your hand as you walk your destined path.  

When Demi Lovato came out of rehab, she did a friend cleanse, knowing that to be her happiest self she would need to be around supportive people.

"I weeded out people who didn't have my best interests at heart. Now I have friends who love me for who I am and don't care about what I'm doing." (Demi Lovato)

Commit to people who really care about you. Inspire and support and be inspired and supported. I remember when I didn't have real friends in my life- especially since I was going through a lot of stress at the time, everything became more challenging. Now I have amazing people around me who I feel more than blessed to have. Sometimes it takes a bit of searching to find the people you need, but believe me, they are out there. Don't ever settle for less than what you know you deserve.

Blessings,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment