Sunday 3 November 2013

Resilience: Bouncing Back from Struggle

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ab/fa/38/abfa381a7008ed52cbbaf85982e6aac9.jpgHave you ever heard the proverb "fall seven times, get up eight?"

If we only knew how strong we really are, our ability to move mountains. It is sometimes when being strong is our only choice that we realize how strong we really are.

As simple as that. I have been through my own ups and downs, and I've really realized that it is "not about never falling, but rising every time we fall"- quoted by the one and only Confucius.

I've talked to many successful people and hear the stories of these people as well- each and every one us has challenges on our journey to success, this is part of the path.

The path is not straight. And if it were, it wouldn't be an adventure, that's for sure!

If it were easy, it wouldn't be as meaningful- we wouldn't have the opportunity to build on our strength and wisdom. And most importantly, to realize how strong and capable we really are.

From my personal experience with struggle, I know how easy it is to hide how we really feel. But let me tell you one thing I've learned. Hiding how we really feel stops us from rising up. Until we acknowledge our truth (and often this means being courageous and asking for help), we cannot free ourselves to move forward. To experience joy, to grow.

I have asked for help many times and still do. Many times I have hesitated, but then I realize that by suffocating my truth, I am also suffocating my freedom. And this I say with utmost truth and sincerity.

We all need help at some point. Even though asking for it may seem like a marathon, its worth it- believe me. We are not put on this earth alone for a reason.

We are meant to support each other, love each other and experience deep connection.

Many blessings,

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment