- To feel energized
- To gain strength
- To challenge yourself physically and mentally
- To feel good
Now with regards to food, the first thing to keep in mind is that it is not necessary to be perfect in order to be healthy. Making healthy choices %80 of the time is great. I believe that diets don't work because they cause one to crave the foods that are being restricted. And what happens when you are not allowed to have something that you want? (especially when you see it but can't have it) You want it more! Dieting results in binge eating and often fails to support habits that last for life.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Food is a powerful tool for optimal wellness
- Maintaining a balanced diet with nutrient-rich foods is the key
- Eat regular meals and snacks when you are hungry to recharge the body and mind
- Consume lots of fruits and veggies
- It's OK to have chocolate sometimes!
- Eat unrefined and whole foods from each food group
- Aim to include protein with every meal