Tuesday 6 September 2016

This is Exactly Where You're Meant to Be

Today started like most others; with a cup of coffee, a pair of headphones and some reflection on my goals and dreams. For some reason, this morning struck me with a higher than normal level of clarity. Everything just made sense. All the things I’m doing and experiencing now are necessary to get me to where I need to be in the next five years. Costa Rica is happening this December, with another trip (I’m dreaming about Chile..) scheduled for later in the winter. I’ll also be taking the next coaching course I need to become certified. Going to school to study social work is in the works for the next 1-2 years. I’m blessed with amazing people in my life and my travels have led to many wonderful relationships. Working in the hospitality industry has funded my travels and given me the flexibility to focus on my personal growth.

Of course this is where I'm meant to be.

Sometimes when we’re exhausted, broken hearted or stressed, it’s as if our whole life is falling apart and its hard to see the big picture. We doubt ourselves and the always present power within. I’m very familiar with this feeling. Like all of us, my path has led to many road blocks where I’ve felt discouraged and frustrated. 

“Am I doing the right thing?” “What if following my heart doesn’t work out?”

What I’m realizing is that the “road blocks” are actually part of our path and success. They provide very important lessons to prepare us for what’s next and give us the opportunity to grow and see things from a different perspective. 

It’s not supposed to make sense all the time. It’s supposed to be messy. We’re supposed to want to give it all up to find clarity in the surrender, strength in the pain and confidence in the uncertainty.
Because somewhere down the line it all just makes sense.  

“You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well worn path.” (Steve Jobs)

I love this quote because it reminds us that navigating our path with trust and faith is the key. It won’t always make sense, but when it does, savor that delicious clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment