Tuesday 2 July 2013

Seeking Light in Darkness: The Gain in Pain

http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/90/c4/2c/90c42c6f39ea530657f05cd1bb493878.jpgA year ago, I would have never guessed that I would be where I am now. This year has blessed me with life experience and a heap of chaos as well. While I am in a much better place now than I have ever been, I must acknowledge a certain fact. And this is that I would not be who I am now if it weren't for the pain and darkness of my past.

Going through a time of utter hopelessness made me question my life and what makes life worth living. And through this very experience, I started the journey of a truly meaningful life- one where I live as authentically, wholeheartedly and daringly as I possibly can. Not only did a learn about who I am and what makes me happy- I also saw the value of persistence. To pursue the path that we feel is right, even if we must take the first step alone. I realized that I would rather follow my heart and own inner compass, however unpredictable, than live a conventional life.

It comes down to a choice.

What we choose to do with our life experiences. We can embrace the pain and learn from it.

Often when we reach a point in life where we don't know what to do anymore, we change. We change because we ask ourselves questions and see that which is no longer serving us in our lives. And perhaps this very pain is what gave us the opportunity to change for the better and realize our passion. 

 It may be that through seeing what doesn't work, what we are not, that we find who we truly are.

  “In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”

                                                               - Albert Camus 

 Blessings,

Julie 




No comments:

Post a Comment