Thursday 24 January 2013

On Never Giving Up


http://www.neocortexconsult.com/Images/Sisyphusrv.jpg
No matter how much stability we create in our lives, we will always experience a certain level of unpredictability. We make plans and things change. We face unexpected bumps and turns.  But in learning to deal with new situations, we become stronger.

I used to believe that life can't change in a big way. But yes, it can. You never know what's down the road and therefore it is important to believe in what you might have previously thought to be impossible. In the past few months, things I never expected came my way- this has proven to me the magnitude of change that can occur in a short amount of time.

We learn that who we once were is not who we really are. We have potential to become more by learning more. We can experience more and put ourselves in all our vulnerability out into this world. With two feet and a thirst for life experience and knowledge, we see that what we once thought to be true can be edited- changed.

There was a time in my life where I didn't know how quickly things can change. That it really is possible to push through a dark time and see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is possible to "break the ice" and experience life for what it really is- a beautiful mess of emotions, people, experiences and miracles.

Venturing into 2013, I think about all the people I have met and all of the new experiences I have had this year. And as I reflect upon all of this, I ask myself what it is that allowed me to"break the ice" so to speak.

The truth is that there are many important things, but the one that tops my list is the will to go on.

There are times when we want to give up, when we think we don't have it in us anymore. But that is the exact moment, where, when we just push ourselves further one more step, we realize that there is a golden sky. That there are people who care about us and our dreams are worth fighting for. There are opportunities- things to see and people to meet along our path, even with its bumps and turns.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment